Saturday, October 25, 2014

Andrea - Our guest from New Zealand

Good morning and welcome to Besties UK Guest Designer visitor day ..... today we have a lady from New Zealand.... her name is Andrea please give her a very warm welcome ....


Hello I'm Andrea from New Zealand

 I live in a small country town on the West Coast of the South Island - called Hokitika.
 I have lived here in Hokitika for 42 years. I was born in Melbourne Australia where I grew up and went to school, coming to New Zealand in 1964 on a working holiday where I met my husband married in Melbourne and came to live in New Zealand.

I have 2 adult children and 4 grandchildren. I retired 18 months ago from the health sector where I worked for our local Health Board for 32 years. I was in the administration area mainly reception.

Over the years I loved to do lots of different craft, but hand embroidery just stood out for me, and over the last 10 years ribbon embroidery come to the fore and also in that time I purchased a computerised embroidery sewing machine and just love using my machine to decorate just about anything.

At the time of my retirement I started to make greeting cards and I haven't looked back. During this year I was asked to join Outlawz Thursday Twist as a DT member, which I accepted also 2 months ago 3D Deco My Bestie Blog asked for people to put their cards forward as there were 5 places in the group for DT members and I was chosen to be a member.

I love to push my boundaries with my crafting and love to be challenged into making something new for my Design Teams.

 I love finding different projects like folded and box cards to make, and Just recently I have been adding some ribbon embroidery and machine embroidery to my cards. It's rather neat to combined the 3 most special crafts together.

Andrea
x









To see more of Andrea's gorgeous creations you can visit her blog here 

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to bĂȘtise UK Andrea we are so happy to have you visit x Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea welcome to the Besties Uk so lovely of you to visit us
    Love all your creations
    love Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea lovely projects you have shown us great to have you visit us hugs
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea, It is so good to know you better. I have seen your works in Blog Land and have fallen in love with your style and love you put into your works as I have become one of your Followers. I am so glad to say I met Andrea from New Zealand. Thank you for sharing with us. Big Texas Hugs, AntoinetteT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank so much Antoinette for your lovely note to me your words make me warm and fuzzy , I to have seen some beautiful work of yours, isn't it just so neat being apart of My Bestie family and to find such wonderful friends. Big, big hugs to you. Andrea B

      Delete
  5. Hi Andrea
    Loved reading your Bio.
    I have very good friends from New Zealand over here in Australia.
    Always talked about going to New Zealand (one day).
    I have always loved your work and as yourself I too am always looking for different ideas, something different to the norm. What a wonderful idea to combine your embroidery with your projects, that is totally something completely different.
    Thank you for sharing your story and ideas today I truly enjoyed.
    Hugs from Annette in Aussie Land xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette I just loved your note to me. It is so neat to know about each other and what we are about and so wonderful to find new friends My Bestie is a wonderful family to be able to do this. I have seen some beautiful projects you have done too. Annette there is a wonderful webpage by Norma Lee, Norma has lots of great tutorals where she give you step by step instructions on all sorts of folded cards, boxes and more. Thank you again for your lovely words to me. Big hugs to you Andre B

      Delete
  6. Thank you ladies for you wonderful, wonderful comments, you make me feel so worm inside and bring tears to my eyes, it is so beautiful to have been invite to show my projects to you all and to know how you feel about me, I to love seeing your work and being apart of My Bestie family with you. Big big hugs to you Andrea B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to My Besties UK.... your creations are a true inspiration, hugs Keeley x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea .. thank you for Joining us at My Bestie Uk .. I just loved looking at all your cards .they are beautiful . Hugz Deb

    ReplyDelete